Douglas A. Dennis, MD
Dr. Dennis' career has been driven by a passion and commitment to advancing the success of orthopedic surgery by helping people lead active lives through joint replacement procedures. By spending countless hours on orthopedic research, Dr. Dennis has received numerous awards and accolades for his research and was a recipient of the prestigious John Insall Award in 2011. He has also been named as one of the top 26 knee surgeons in the United States by Orthopedics This Week.
Dr. Dennis was awarded his M.D. from the Medical College of Ohio, completed an orthopedic residency at Ohio State University and received fellowship training in arthritis surgery from Dr. Mack Clayton at the Denver Orthopaedic Clinic.
Professional and Academic Credits
- Named one of the top 22 knee surgeons in North America by Orthopedics This Week, March 2014
- Named as one of the Best Doctors for Executives by ColoradoBiz magazine, February 2013
- Named one of the top 26 knee surgeons in the country by Orthopedics This Week, July 2012
- Recognized among the “125 Knee Surgeons and Specialists to Know” by Becker’s Spine Review, January 2012
- Recipient of John Insall Award for research on knee replacement, 2011
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Co-medical Director of the Porter Center for Joint Replacement
- Director of Clinical Research, Rocky Mountain Musculoskeletal Research Laboratory
- Member and Examiner, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedics Surgeons
- Past President, National Knee Society and American Association of Arthritic Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Design consultant to numerous research entities in the design of both total hip and total knee replacements
- Director, Operation Walk Denver, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing joint replacements to indigent people abroad
- Published more than 150 journal articles and book chapters in the field of hip and knee replacement
- Education Committee Member, National Hip Society
Jim Boyle, PA-C
Jim Boyle was born and raised in Queens, New York. After PA school, he completed a post graduate residency to specialize in surgery and then moved to Colorado. He has been working with Dr. Dennis for approximately 16 years. He is also the Medical Director of Operation Walk Denver. Jim enjoys fulfilling Porter's mission statement of "We extend the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people in our communities."
Fransisca Rosales, MA
Fransisca Rosales has worked at Colorado Joint Replacement since 2005. She has an Associate’s Degree in Medical Specialties. Fransisca enjoys spending time with her family.